Raute ‘The last nomads in Nepal” Kathmandu-Dailekh ((By flight)
The indigenous community have well sustained the culture and ancient practices of Nepal. The indigenous and nomads have sustained and tackled in modernization and striving to keep up in recent context. They still exist though. The Nomads are completely detached from political and community settings. They are culturally embedded to stay in the jungle and migrate. Across-historically. They are located in periphery of west hilly side of Nepal-namely Dailekh and Salyan. The fascinating pattern is that they do not typically stay at one location and migration happens when someone dies or lack of food in the commune. The Raute are the historical descendants that are quoted as the king of the forests. They are very artistic and creative with wooden carvings. The wooden products and art are exchanged with foods from community people that is how Raute sustain in jungle across nearby community. As they don’t stay at one place their houses are very small and temporary.
Total 145 Raute/nomads are existent recently. Though nomads do not abide by any political and social institutions however they have their own religious and cultural institution. They are purely Shamanic and follow the festivals and rituals that are common with other population. There is great learning of communion with nature one can have, being a Raute they do not glorify economy and money rather they believe in free abundant and natural living.
We offer best hotel service in Kathmandu. Dinner service is on us.
Good morning! After break fast early we move on to site seeing on various location of kathmand, Bhaktapur and Lalitpur district of Kathmandu. Pashupatinath, Swayambhu (monkey Temple), Boudhanath, Bhaktapur palace, Patan palace, Bashantapur palace, Royal Narayanhity Museum are remarkable and historical places to visit.After choice of site seeing, we move on to hotel and the dinner.
Good morning! The breakfast at hotel and move in to the Tribhuwan Domestic Airport. Flight around 7-9 am to Birendranagar Surketh or Nepalgunj. Lunch around 1 pm in respective destination. After Lunch we travel to Dailekh. Birendranagar-Dailekh is approx. 87 km around 4-5 hrs. road trip Nepaljung to Dailekh is approx.119 km around 7-8 hrs. road trip. Hotel Stay at Dailekh dinner at hotel.
Early morning breakfast at hotel and we head unto the Raute community in Dailekh District. As RAUTE are the typical Nepali nomads the do not stay in fixed location so they travel across the district inside the hills there. We have to travel or hike according their current location of stay. This is the specialty of this community that we have to go find them rather than our part of exact travel rule. Lunch and Dinner at hotel. Rest and experience the geography, climate and community of Dailekh.
Good morning from Dailekh. Breakfast in Hotel and we head unto either Surketh or Nepaljung and we take flight to Kathmandu. Launch in respective airport. Cultural dinner night in cultural hotel in Kathmandu.
Good morning from Kathmandu! Breakfast and airport drop service.
- Air Ticket/Hotel/Airport Pick & Drop in Kathmandu by Private vehicle, Jeep round trip.
- Welcome/Farewell dinner with Cultural Program as listed in itinerary.
- Tourist Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu, Nepalgunj, Surkhet & Dailekh.
- Kathmandu-Nepalgung, Surkhet or Surkhet, Nepalgunj - Kathmandu round flight ticket with Airport TAX.
- Lodge/Guest House Accommodation (Best available) during the travel.
- Full board meals 3 times (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) while on the travel.
- Permit Fees.
- Professional & Highly expertise government licensed holder Local trekking Guide.
- All expenses of the Staffs (Guides/porters) that includes food,
- Accommodation, Salary, Insurance, Equipment during your travel period.
- All the necessary travel gear for porters like jacket/trousers, trekking shoes, gloves, shocks, sunglasses etc.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Group Travel Gears.
- All our government tax, vat, tourist service Chardge.
- Travel map.
- Personal Expenses.
- Overstay Due to Any Natural Climates/Strikes/Flight Cancelation.
- Extra Night hotel in Kathmandu.
- Travel insurance which covers emergency rescue & Evacuation.
- International Airfare and airport departure tax.
- Any expense of personal nature.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks.
- Personal travel equipment.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on ‘Inclusive cost heading
𝐖HAT TO BRING?
Warm clothes (Down Jackets, Sweater etc.), Gloves, Woolen cap, Medicines