Nestled beside the serene Phewa Lake and surrounded by the majestic Annapurna and Machapuchare (Fishtail) mountain ranges, Pokhara is a picturesque gem in Nepal, often regarded as one of the most beautiful cities in the world. A Pokhara tour offers a delightful blend of natural beauty, adventure, and relaxation.
Lake Paradise: Pokhara is renowned for its tranquil lakes. Phewa Lake, the largest, provides opportunities for boating, kayaking, and simply enjoying the serene ambiance. The reflection of the Annapurna and Machapuchare mountains on the clear waters is a sight to behold.
Mountain Vistas: The Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain ranges create a stunning backdrop. The nearby Sarangkot Hill offers the perfect vantage point to witness the sunrise over these snow-capped peaks.
Adventure Hub: Pokhara is the gateway to some of Nepal’s best trekking and adventure activities. Trek to the Annapurna Base Camp, go paragliding over the valley, or explore nearby caves and waterfalls.
Peaceful Retreat: The city is dotted with yoga centers, meditation retreats, and spa facilities, making it an ideal place to rejuvenate and find inner peace.
Cultural Exploration: Visit the International Mountain Museum, explore old bazaars, and interact with the welcoming local communities.
Delicious Cuisine: Savor a variety of cuisines, including traditional Nepali dal bhat, momo (dumplings), and international dishes at lakeside restaurants.
Pokhara’s natural beauty, adventurous spirit, and serene ambiance make it a must-visit destination for travelers seeking a blend of relaxation and outdoor exploration in the heart of the Himalayas.
-Depart from Kathmandu (or your starting location) by tourist
bus or private vehicle.
-Enjoy a scenic drive to Pokhara, taking in the beautiful
landscapes along the way.
-Check-in to your budget hotel or guesthouse in Pokhara.
-Rest and freshen up.
-Explore the Lakeside area of Pokhara, known for its vibrant
atmosphere, restaurants, and shops.
-You can opt to dine at a local restaurant of your choice for
dinner (not included).
-Have breakfast at the hotel.
-Begin your guided sightseeing tour of Pokhara.
-Phewa Lake: Enjoy a boat ride on Phewa Lake, visit the Tal Barahi Temple located on an island in the lake.
-Davis Falls: Witness the waterfall and its unique underground tunnel.
-Gupteshwor Cave: Explore the sacred cave known for its intricate rock formations and religious significance.
-Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant in Pokhara (not included).
-Continue your sightseeing tour.
More Sightseeing Highlights:
-Bindabasini Temple: Visit the ancient Hindu temple dedicated to Goddess Durga.
-World Peace Pagoda: Hike or drive to the Peace Pagoda for panoramic views of Pokhara Valley and the Annapurna Range.
-Return to your hotel in Pokhara.
-Spend the evening at leisure, exploring more of Lakeside or relaxing at your accommodation.
-Enjoy your final breakfast in Pokhara at the hotel.
-Check-out and prepare for your journey back to Kathmandu or your next destination.
End of Tour
- Accommodation: Budget accommodation in Pokhara for 2 nights, often in a standard hotel or guesthouse.
- Transportation: Ground transportation between Kathmandu (or another starting point) and Pokhara, usually by tourist bus or private vehicle.
- Meals: Daily breakfast at the hotel in Pokhara.
- Sightseeing: Guided sightseeing tours of major attractions in Pokhara, such as Phewa Lake, Davis Falls, Gupteshwor Cave, Bindabasini Temple, and the World Peace Pagoda.
- Boating: A boat ride on Phewa Lake, including a visit to the Tal Barahi Temple situated on an island in the lake.
- Tour Guide: The services of a local tour guide during sightseeing activities.
- International Flights: The cost of international flights to and from Nepal is not included in the package.
- Nepal Visa: The cost of obtaining a Nepali tourist visa upon arrival in Nepal is not included.
- Additional Meals: Lunches and dinners in Pokhara are typically not included in the budget package.
- Travel Insurance: Travel insurance, including coverage for medical emergencies, personal belongings, and trip cancellations, is not included but is highly recommended.
- Personal Expenses: Expenses such as extra meals, snacks, beverages, optional activities, souvenirs, and personal purchases are not included.
- Tipping: Tips for the tour guide and driver are not typically included in the package price but are appreciated.
- Optional Activities: Any optional activities or side trips beyond the standard itinerary are not included.
- Hotel Upgrades: Upgrades to higher-end accommodations are not included in the budget package.
- Any Other Expenses: Any other expenses not explicitly mentioned in the 'Included' list are not part of the package.
What is the best time to take a tour of Pokhara?
Pokhara is a year-round destination, but the best time is during the spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) when the weather is pleasant and the skies are clear.
What is included in the tour package?
The inclusions vary by tour operator but generally include accommodation, transportation, guided sightseeing, and a few meals. It's essential to check the details when booking.
Can I customize the tour based on my interests?
Ofcourse You can but after consulting with our Tour managers.
Are there opportunities for shopping during the tour?
Yes, you'll have free time in Pokhara, especially in the Lakeside area, where you can shop for souvenirs, handicrafts, and more.
What is the maximum group size for the tour?
Group sizes can vary, but tours are often conducted with small groups to ensure a more personalized experience.
How long does each day of the tour typically last?
Days are usually filled with activities from morning to late afternoon, with some free time in the evenings.